The LGGA, Statistics NZ and Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) have been working together to develop a national geospatial data model for Building Consents.
The purpose of this project is to create an open, national spatial dataset of Building Consent data. This dataset will be coordinated by Statistics NZ and ultimately used in their monthly statistical reporting.
The wider intention of this project is to
1. Review current collaboration between agencies at a local, regional and national level, and identify potential improvements and opportunities to standardise.
2. Improve the process for Council to supply data and Stats NZ to collate data more efficiently.
3. Develop a spatial data repository for building consents data which is available to the public.
4. Create a method for councils to easily update national datasets.
5. Enable local government to learn more about national initiatives, such as Integrated Property Services, as part of communications about the building consents project.
ADOPT THE NATIONAL LGGA BUILDING CONSENTS DATA MODEL> Download the LGGA Building Consents Data User Guide
> Download the LGGA Building Consents Data Schema as
Esri File Geodatabase - File geodb
Esri Shapefile - File
Esri ArcPy Toolbox (for creating esri file geodb and domains) - File
EXAMPLE BUILDING CONSENTS DATA
Look out for example building consents data, coming soon.
Thanks to the following organisations for supporting this project - Statistics New Zealand, GoShift, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Land Information New Zealand, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Environment Canterbury, Napier City Council and Nelson City Council.
Any comments welcome, just post a message below ...